Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Running

I run forever, in a corridor of glass
Where with others, I sprinted fast
I left behind soon, their gasps and calls
The only thing I hear, is silence’s encore

I run alone, along that mirrored path
No one else behind, an awaited last
But still I see, a reflection in the glass,
A reflection of myself, running as fast

I sought to run, to leave him behind
But he stayed on, as time goes by
So on I ran, faster then light
And my reflection thus, I soon lose sight

So now I run, alone at last
My reflection even, the light not cast
Now as I look, into the mirrors beside
The only thing I see, is the nothing inside

Running

5 Comments:

Blogger crescent moon said...

wan hui's idea was escapism...actually what i had in mind was losing sight of things and people..when u only have a goal in mind..at first u race with others, when ur goal becomes ur onli purpose, u outrun others n r lost to them, their views of u and also other aspects...that is if u pursue a selfish path..when ur opponent becomes onli urself, u try to outrun urself..but soon, when tt happens and everything is subverted to ur purpose, ur only purpose...the cost of achievement is perhaps, estrangement from others ..n ur transformation beyond ur own recognition..cld be someone who loses his conscience in then quest for something..

January 18, 2005 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger starstar said...

saiman sounds like a person i know. frm aj choir? sry if im wrong ><"

January 19, 2005 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

i dunno really;>
nice of u to drop by

January 19, 2005 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

yes, shes fr AJ choir, who're u?

January 19, 2005 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

u're peishi rite?? wahaha, im gd.

January 19, 2005 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home