Friday, January 07, 2005

Riding the Wind

look back, realise....where your struggle with destiny has brought you

Once a time not too long ago,
I tried to catch the wind which blows
With wings and gliders atop a cliff,
I stood and watched and paused to breathe
The sooner I drop to ride the clouds,
I realized then with a gasp out loud
For I sought to catch the wind,
But failed to grasp the fallen leaves’ hint
For I sought to ride the wind,
But now I dance to its forceful hymn

Riding the wind

3 Comments:

Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

ah, finally, a short poem! short but a great read, i like tis two lines: "failed to grasp the fallen leaves’ hint" n "But now I dance to its forceful hymn".

hmm ya explanation of the poem n the phrase "the fallen leaves' hint" seem to mean ya poem is emphasising on a person ending up where he is due to his failure to detect certain facts n details of his circumstances is it?

January 7, 2005 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

you got it man
someone trys to control his destiny but ends up being controlled by circumstances

January 8, 2005 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

any particular person n incident in mind when u wrote it?

January 8, 2005 at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home