Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Three Shadows

I watch my shadow in midday gather in strength under me consolidating,
Strong and with great vitality while the sun goes strongly shining
Where the man who passes step upon it and casts his own over,
But darkness is only as dark as it is and can’t get darker
I watch my shadow in dusk stretch as far forwards as my strides take me,
Stretched out and weak while the moon catches it
Where the passing raven traces its own over it and leaves it imprint,
For a moment strong yet the next moment gone departed thus the tint
I watch my shadow merge into the dark night where my eye cannot see,
Dark but unseen like the fire of the darkest star in the sky all three
Where the man who passes steps upon it in all innocence probably,
But darkness belongs to the night and no shadow obscures it deliberately

The three shadows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home