Something most precious
A sword of fire guards,
Raging waters flood
Something denied us,
Forever lost thus
Something lost thus,
Forever for it we lust
Something precious taken,
From me and all heathen
What it is I wonder,
And with curiosity I ponder
When curiosity becomes an itch,
Anxiety gets a hitch
When anxiety becomes a fire,
Malice burns with peril dire
Toss it all away,
Let me live my way
Take it far away,
The present is my day
And so malice without answers,
Becomes removed from mind furthest
When we had it, we did not wonder
When it’s lost, we did ponder
When we ponder thus, it only goes further
Now we forget, and again we did not wonder
So now I ponder, over an apparent full circle
Raging waters flood
Something denied us,
Forever lost thus
Something lost thus,
Forever for it we lust
Something precious taken,
From me and all heathen
What it is I wonder,
And with curiosity I ponder
When curiosity becomes an itch,
Anxiety gets a hitch
When anxiety becomes a fire,
Malice burns with peril dire
Toss it all away,
Let me live my way
Take it far away,
The present is my day
And so malice without answers,
Becomes removed from mind furthest
When we had it, we did not wonder
When it’s lost, we did ponder
When we ponder thus, it only goes further
Now we forget, and again we did not wonder
So now I ponder, over an apparent full circle


2 Comments:
so wat is the 'something most precious' here?
innocence...in my opinion
Post a Comment
<< Home