Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Goodbye my erstwhile Friend

The pain of seperation...I hate it but some things have to be done

I have been searching, for the sharpest blade
That may cut all down, in a vindication of hate
I have been looking, for the deadliest knife,
That may let blood flow, that may let die
You let me see, how foolish am I
To think that steel makes, the sharpest knife
You let me feel, how naïve am I
To think only with blood let, that I may die
Callous words from a reckless heart,
Stabs deep inside like many poison darts
The words you utter make my heart die,
Even as alone, I bitterly cry
Goodbye then, my erstwhile friend
For you shall not be privy, to tears by your hand
We shall not meet again, my erstwhile friend,
For my heart has died, by your words and hand

Goodbye erstwhile friend

5 Comments:

Blogger Veen said...

death is then the true separation.
but we will reunite again, in heaven.
do not despair. do not weep.
love and cherish those dear to u in this life.
let no regrets. death is a temporary separation.
farewell is just a long goodbye.

December 10, 2004 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

i like tis poem, esp tis part

"You let me see, how foolish am I
To think that steel makes, the sharpest knife
You let me feel, how naïve am I
To think only with blood let, that I may die"

i think these 2 lines r v clever.
but i also think tt u use the word "die" too many times, there's 4 in total.

December 15, 2004 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

rite man
in fact i believe that i have identified what sort of poems you appreciate
thanks for comments veen talks cock with me;> while patsy damm elusive;< so far ur comments r the onli useful ones as far as improving my poetry is concerned

December 16, 2004 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

haha yar but we both agreed tt for poem, there's not really a gd or bad poem but only whether it is to the reader's taste n preference anot rite? continue ya own way of writing la, ure already amazing.

December 17, 2004 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

haha...thats a big compliment
thanks;>

December 17, 2004 at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home