Saturday, November 20, 2004

The Place Between Heaven And Earth

musings, about this hallowed place
heaven is a hard place to go, and our existence leaves us with certain longings,
but yet also certain joys
you don't know whats there in heaven, but you know there's certain joys here on earth
you want to keep what you have, but yet you want whatever there might be too
so ?
could we try to outsmart providence?


The vast expanse of the blue ocean beckons,
Enchanting me, towards a place I dream, but not spoken
A place better then heavens, with mysteries unknown,
Where heavenly bliss resides, with terrestrial joys unshorn

So looking across the vast blue ocean,
A place of dreams, my eyes beholden
Where shimmering seas collide with distant skies
Where I may touch with fingers the heavens high
The place where earth embraces the heavens,
The faraway horizon

So I swim across the vast blue ocean,
Hoping soon, to reach the horizon
The place existing between heaven and earth,
The place I have searched, since the day of my birth

I swim beneath the sun under clear blue skies
I swim beneath the moon under twinkling stars
Till the sun’s rays retreat before an eternal night
Till the stars twinkle with a final light
I seek still, since the day of my birth
The place that exists between heaven and earth


The place between heaven and earth

2 Comments:

Blogger Veen said...

sounds like Bintan Lagoon resort!or some beach / diving spots off Kalimantan Island. where the heavens touch the terrestrial horizon.. and i swim naked under the blanket of stars. bathe in the open air shower room, upon me the tall coconut palms sway with the changes of winds... meditate by focusing in a sole lit candle. calm my soul practicing aromatherapy. cest'la vie.

November 21, 2004 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

Hmm its not really nice in terms of description, i prefer the way u beautify ya poems wif the use of imagery rather than the use chim adverbs.

November 23, 2004 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home