Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Frozen Lake

Gazing into the lake, of water so clear,
Where it held things, to me so dear
I would reach inside, and lovingly take hold,
Of the things beneath, or just stand and behold
I would even jump, into its warm embrace
The waters within, I would feel and taste
I would spend all day, lost within,
An intimacy for eternity, it sometimes seem

The winter comes, nothing I could do
The fault to lay on, I don’t know who
The water freezes, into glistening ice
I see still beneath, with teary eyes
I see still, the things so dear,
Moving under, the ice so clear
I touch the surface, a forbidding cold
Refusing now, to let me close
Now I can only, see and behold,
The things beneath, no longer able to take hold
Still I see, the things beneath,

Now I can only gaze, with regret and grief

2 Comments:

Blogger Veen said...

statement: telling half of the truth is actually telling a whole lie. what do u think of this statement?

to me, a lie is a intentionally fabricated one. a fanciful one that aims to delude your mind. to hurt. omission of certain truths on the other hand is acceptable, coz it's not techinically wrong but simply insufficient infomation given.

how about you guys?

December 11, 2004 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

contentious is it not? you might not be lying in the strict sense of the word but what about the effects that the ommission causes that may lead to disillusion on a party...like you tell someone you love him, but you neglect to say you love someone else more...what then?

December 11, 2004 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home