Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I am free?!

I am free!?
Each day a drudgery of physical toil,
Cursed forever to labor in soil
Made to suffer for Eden’s’ theft,
Broken bread is all that is left

I am free!?
Day to night I fold my hands,
Still eyes roam a restless land
Yet I feel my conscience’s hand
Pulling me down in sinking sands

I am free….
Silence in the wasted lands
Looking at them in an iron fence
They beckon me to their eternal rest
Their secrets the soil so jealously nest

I AM FREE!?
Divine chains are chains no less
My brother’s thoughts are my daily tests
A crown of thorns and a blooded cross
The cost of bliss is an immortal soul

HE IS FREE!?
I heard he fell from eons ago
And sank beneath to depths so low
Free from soil and the sacred will
Free to burn, to think to feel

They are free?!
They bow their heads to wood and clay
Darwin has his final say
Living they trust in what they see
In death to soil and a sulphur sea

So…so….I am, you are, they are, he is….FREE?!


I am free!….I am free?!-Drunk

3 Comments:

Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

Great, great, great piece of work.
Its been a long time since u wrote something tt gd, u're finally back. Might be ya best even, if i consider complexity n creativity of language, structure n notion.

Side track a little. If being free means tt we dun have to face the consequences of our actions then there's no such thing as being free. Even in society, where man decides his own laws, we punish ppl for their actions when they do not adhere to certain stardards in the way they live their lives. Can u imagine a world where we can do watever we want n theres no law to enforce consequences on our actions? wat's stopping one country fr invading the other n a man fr raping a woman?

If we, as sinful humans, cannot tolerate jus behaviour, does not a holy god hate such behaviour n enforce justice all the more? As such, we cannot enjoy food wifout toil after we refuse to obey him; we cannot live wif a peaceful conscience after sinning; we cannot demand tt he let us into heaven after refusing to follow him.

May 29, 2005 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

a generous remark man thanks;>
i was waiting for u to reply cos i know u know what i m going on bout in reply to shiling cos i m extremely reluctant to explain my own poetry both out of sloth and out of principle
thou sharest the same opinion as me concerning thine views on libertate

May 29, 2005 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

yeah its my honest opinion. catch up wif u soon, the last time i talk to u was last mon, been v busy last week n tis week too. u n PS remb go for u-know-wat. glad ure draggin him wif u, he's been delaying.

May 29, 2005 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home