Monday, February 28, 2005

Lament of a voodoo doll

A grotesque smile upon my face,
As needles pierce my woolen lace
Laughter in a moonless night,
As screams of pain come from a distant light
He pierced and burnt my unliving torso,
As another twisted in agony and sorrow
This is I and why I exist,
To curse and blow a vengeful kiss
A tool of hatred with a twisted smile,
A twisted smile to serve his intentions vile

Yet as I am pierced I endlessly smile,
A smile so innocent that joy it beguiles
All would see but none would feel,
A conscience beating beneath a façade still
Let me not hurt nor cause mortal grief,
But freedom is my eluded dish

So as I hurt I only smile,
I pray so hard and long in the while
I hate myself for what I do,
And I hate the victim and my master too
My master’s gleeful joy is his,
But my victim’s tears are shared with me

RELEASE ME FROM MY ENDLESS CURSE!
CURSE THE DAY OF MY UNHOLY BIRTH!
But such is fate and such is I,
My life is just this endless lie

And yet, yet,
All I can do is smile

Lament of a voodoo doll

2 Comments:

Blogger Lionel de Lioncourt said...

U're the joker lor, i dun think tis poem is makin the doll to be a joke. Its dark n twisted, the way JY intended it to be probably. gd poem yup, cos its v creative, one thing i agree wif u is tt the perspective is refreshing.

February 28, 2005 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger crescent moon said...

well lionel knows i am into dark poetry...but to be fair to shiling...i do believe that darkness can be expresseed even better with a touch of mockery
this is inspired by gino though...he wants to buy a voodoo doll god knows y

February 28, 2005 at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home