don't rush
It felt electrified like portentous turbulent skies
It’s intent disguised
The world saw gathering storm clouds high
And prepared for the malaise
Walk into the rain, some would
Take a flight with a passing meteorite
Spare ten nickels, some could
A meager sum for eternal light
It’s gone on forever
Red eyebrows and white lotus
And we wonder
What’s on the shore furthest?
Why bother or rush?
The truth comes too soon to all men
Don’t scream or hush
Don’t anticipate nor pretend
I saw rain falling like crystal shards,
Through a glass facade
I saw the fearsome sun’s burning heart
Beneath storm clouds dark
And I wonder,
How long can the shelter hold
As I ponder,
What scriptures foretold
Don’t rush
It’s intent disguised
The world saw gathering storm clouds high
And prepared for the malaise
Walk into the rain, some would
Take a flight with a passing meteorite
Spare ten nickels, some could
A meager sum for eternal light
It’s gone on forever
Red eyebrows and white lotus
And we wonder
What’s on the shore furthest?
Why bother or rush?
The truth comes too soon to all men
Don’t scream or hush
Don’t anticipate nor pretend
I saw rain falling like crystal shards,
Through a glass facade
I saw the fearsome sun’s burning heart
Beneath storm clouds dark
And I wonder,
How long can the shelter hold
As I ponder,
What scriptures foretold
Don’t rush


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home